Monday, March 03, 2014

I had a weekend full of mind-flexing! It's enough for a whole bunch of meditative blog-postery so that is what it will be. Just not yet.

In short, though: the lady's university had a departmental conference which she had helped to organize. I presented a general overview of my work at said conference; this is especially notable as I am a student of the Life Sciences and this was a conference of German language and literature. It was, however, intended to be interdisciplinary by design. It succeeded quite well and I have some fresh ideas to think about. There was an especially nice talk about repetition in music. See the following example, Steve Reich's It's Gonna Rain:

I've also been trying out a few artsy games: Antichamber and Starseed Pilgrim. They're elderly in internet years but young n' fresh to me. Thoughts later.

No comments :

Post a Comment