Monday, June 02, 2014

I've been awfully busy lately between planning for a wedding (well, my own wedding), trying to finish one paper in lab and analyzing the results for another, and a show I'm in this week (see below).
I get to make funny voices on-stage. It's convenient since I'd be making funny voices anyway.
It's still fun to sacrifice life-snippets to the Blog Gods (blods?) so I'll start posting some short bits more frequently. Here's one such item.
A rich stew.
This is what happens when you store rich nutrient agar in a recycling bin for a week or so. It was meant to be a temporary location for some poorly-melted yeast growth media but was forgotten. Now we have a survey of the organisms present in laboratory waste receptacles (at least, we would have if I hadn't just scraped it all out into a biohaz bag).

1 comment :