Thursday, September 25, 2014

I've been trying out the scientific paper recommendation site Sparrho lately. It's one of those stupidly-simple designs: give it some keywords and it retrieves papers with those keywords. It can be personalized by labeling individual papers "relevant" or "irrelevant" in much the same way one might modify a Pandora playlist. The results are respectable. Sparrho has found a few papers which I probably wouldn't have seen as they're from distant fields. This one, a study about using filamentous bacteriophage to make what they call "covalently linked virus material", is a good example. I don't normally read about biointerfaces but it's an interesting application of phage to engineering.

The suggestions I've seen are better than those Google Scholar suggests. Google has also never provided me with the following suggestion:
Thanks, Sparrho. I will keep that one in mind.

No comments :

Post a Comment